” WOMEN’S GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL COMMITTEE, PKGGI POLICY AND GUIDELINES FOR PREVENTION OF HARASSMENT AT THE WORK PLACE.”
Feel free to contact our Dealing Assistants
OBJECTIVES OF WOMEN'S CELL.
1. To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women of all strata due to gender issues.
2. To create an environment of gender justice where men and women work together with a sense of personal security and dignity.
3. To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
4. To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
5. To create a sense of responsibility in the students and have healthy study and work culture in all schools of the University.
6. To enhance the self- esteem and self- confidence of girl students, women faculty and staff in the University.
7. To provide opportunities to girl students and women employees to participate in and interact at conferences etc. related to gender issue.
PRINCIPLES OF THE WOMEN'S CELL, PKG:
1. Confidentiality of all matters discussed by the Cell.
2. Impartiality, Independence and Fairness.
3. No opinion expressed about any Women’s Cell related matter / person functions outside the Committee.
4. Encouragement of gender tolerant atmosphere.
5. Availability and approachability at all times.
6. Maintenance of Proper conduct by the members at all times.
7. The functions of the Women’s Cell shall be carried on in relation to principles of Justice, Equity and Good conscience.
8. Members shall guard against false, frivolous or vague allegations/complaints as these may jeopardize the credibility of the Committee and tarnish the image of alleged respondents.
DEFINATION OF WOMEN HARASSMENT:
1. Direct physical contact and advances.
2. A demand or request for sexual favors.
3. Sexually colored remarks.
4. Showing pornographic material.
5. Any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non verbal conduct.
6. Unwelcome, filthy and pornographic gestures through eyes or body language.
7. Forcing one against ones’ wish for some unwanted act.
FUNCTIONS OF THE WOMEN'S CELL, PKG:
1. Assure the safe working environment at the workplace which shall include safety from the persons coming into contact at the workplace.
2. Display at any conspicuous place in the workplace, the penal consequences of sexual harassments; and the order constituting the Internal Complaint Committee.
3. Organize workshops and awareness programs at regular intervals for sensitizing the employees and students with the provisions of the Act and orientation programs for the members of the Internal Complaint Committee in the manner as may be prescribed.
4. Provide necessary facilities to the Internal Complaint Committee for dealing with complaint and conducting an inquiry.
5. Assist in securing the attendance of respondent and witnesses before the Internal Complaint Committee.
6. Make available such information to the Internal Complaint Committee as it may require having regard to the complaint made.
7. Provide assistance to aggrieved woman if she so chooses to file a complaint in relation to the offence under the Indian Penal Code or any other law for the time being in force.
GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE :
1. Any women employee or female student will have the right to lodge a complaint Concerning sexual harassment against a male student or the employee of the Institute by writing a letter or putting the complaint in the Principal’s office.
2. The complaint will be afforded full confidentiality at this stage.
3. After receiving the complaint, the chairman shall convene the meeting of the cell.
4. The chairman will appoint investigation committee, Coordinator will convene The meetings.
5. The investigation committee shall then decide the course of action to proceed.
6. The complaint will stand dropped if in accordance to the committee the complaint has not been able to disclose prima-facie an offence of sexual harassment by complainer /her representative.
7. In case the investigation committee decides to proceed with the complaint,the wishes of the complainer shall be ascertained and if the complainer wishes that a warning will suffice then alleged offender shall be called to the meeting of the committee, heard and if satisfied that a warning is just and proper, he will be warned about his behavior and non-occurrence of it. In case the complainer requests that the complaint should be proceeded with beyond mere a warning, the same may be proceeded with in the manner prescribed here after.
PROCEDURE FOR INVESTIGATION :
1. If the complainer wishes to proceed beyond a mere a warning to the accused, the Accused shall be given in writing by the investigation committee an opportunity to Explain within one week why he should not be, for good and sufficient reasons, be Punished for the act of sexual harassment on his part.
2. If the written explanation of the accused is not found to be satisfactory or if he Does not provide any written explanation, the investigation committee will decide Whether the offence deserves a minor penalty or a major penalty.
3. In the event that the investigation committee deciding that the accused be imposed a minor penalty, the said penalty will be recommended by the investigation committee to the chairman of the cell for decision.
4. If the investigation committee comes to a conclusion that the accused in case if his guilt proved, should be imposed a major penalty, it shall make a recommendation of action. If the accused is an employee, he may be placed under suspension under the provisions of act.
A. In the case of academic/administrative/ technical/ non teaching staff/ management, disciplinary action could be in the form of one or more of the following :
2. Written apology.
3. Bond of good behavior.
4. Gender sensitization.
6. Debarring from supervisory duties.
7. Denial of re-employment.
8. Stopping of increments/promotion.
9. Reverting, demotion.
11. Withdrawal of residential facilities and prohibition from entry on the campus etc.
12. Any other relevant mechanism.
B. In case of students, disciplinary action could be in the form of :
2. Written apology.
3. Bond of good behavior.
4. Gender sensitization.
6. Debarring entry into a hostel/ campus.
7. Withholding results.
8. Debarring from exams.
9. Debarring from holding posts.
11. Denial of admission.
12. Any other relevant mechanism
Penalty in Case of a Second Offence :
A second or repeated offence, May, on the recommendation of the concerned Committee Against Sexual Harassment, attract an enhanced penalty.
Non-adversarial modes of redress and resolution could also be considered in Appropriate cases. Examples of this may be verbal warning, verbal apology, promise of good behavior, counseling etc.
MEMBERS OF WOMEN'S GRIEVANCES REDRESSAL COMMITTEE, PKGGI
The institute shall constitute the Women’s grievances redressal committee having a president, vice-president and members from both teaching and non-teaching staff.
Composition of Women’s grievances redressal committee.
|Position||Name||Present Professional Position|
|President||Mrs. Geeta Jain||Vice Chairperson|
|Vice-president||Ms. Manisha||Assistant Professor (CSE)|
|Member||Mrs. Riya||Assistant Professor (MBA)|