About this course
Chemical Engineering is a branch of science that applies physical sciences (physics and chemistry) And life sciences (microbiology and biochemistry) together with applied mathematics and economics to produce, transform, transport and properly use chemicals, materials and energy. A chemical engineer is one who applies and uses principles of chemical engineering in any of its various practical applications; these often include 1) design, manufacture, and operation of plants and machinery in industrial chemical and related processes (“chemical process engineer”) ; 2) development of new or adapted substances for products ranging from foods and beverages to cosmetics to cleaners to pharmaceutical ingredients , among many other products.
Fluid Flow Lab. , Thermodynamics Lab., Heat Transfer Lab., Mechanical Operation Lab., Mass Transfer Lab., Chemical Reaction Engineering Lab., Process Control Lab. See More…
Chemical Business Entrepreneur.
> National and International industrial sectors of Bulk Chemicals, Fuel Energy, Process Food, etc.
> Government’s Ministry, Mini Ratna PSU’s, etc.
> Gulf countries, USA, UK, etc. after Graduation + one year experience.
> Education sectors.
> New sectors developed for R&D like renewable energy, packing food, environment pollution control, natural dyes, non toxic chemicals, etc..
List of core companies for a chemical engineer are as follows:
- PSUs like BPCL, HPCL, GAIL, IOCL, ONGC, RCF, NFL, NALCO, NPCIL, SAIL, ISRO, DRDO, CIL, PDIL etc.
- ONGC Petro Addition Limited (OPAL)
- Reliance Industries Limited: Petrochemical manufacturing giant.
- Biocon, Dr Reddy’s Laboratories, Abott Laboratories: Indian Pharmaceutical Manufacturing.
- UOP Honeywell: Oil and Gas Consultancy firm.
- UPL Limited: Chemical Manufacturing.
- Galaxy Surfactants: Chemical Manufacturing
- Deepak Nitrite Limited and Deepak group Companies: Chemical Manufacturing
- SRF Limited: Chemical Manufacturing
- Exxon Mobil: Oil and gas refining Giant
- British Petroleum
- Gilead Sciences: US pharma giant,
- Godrej Industries Limited
- Gharda Chemicals
- Laxmi Organics Limited
- Sudarshan Chemicals,
- NOCIL : Maphatlal group companies
- SI Group companies.
- AKER Solutions
- PI Industries,
- Gujrat Fluorochemicals
- NAVIN Fluorochemicals Limited
- Privi Organics
- Hindustan Organics Corporation Limited(HOCL)
- Pidilite Industries
- Tata Chemicals
- Solar Industry
- Gujrat Flourochem
- Fertilizer Industries